The RROCA encourages the continued maintenance and preservation of Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars. This encouragement takes a real form in the annual judging of vehicles at the Federal Concours d'Elegance, where trophies are awarded to the best of the best.
Concours d'Elegance Perpetual Federal Trophies
The Rolls-Royce Owners' Club of Australia has a number of Perpetual Trophies, awarded each year for the Federal Concours d'Elegance at the Federal Rally.
The Club's Perpetual Trophies are:
- Overall Winner
- Overall winner of Concours d'Elegance.
- Trophy presented to the Club in 1976 by Victorian member Don Shiel (dec.).
- Class 1 Trophy
- Pre-Ghosts and Silver Ghosts
- Class 3 Trophy
- 20HP and 20/25HP
- Class 4 Trophy
- 25/30HP, Phantom II and Wraith
- Company Trophy
- Best restoration of the year.
Must be the car's first presentation following completion of restoration. Trophy presented by Rolls-Royce Ltd. in 1968.
- Age & Authenticity
- Rolls-Royce cars built up to 1940. Chassis only judged.
The Vidler Shield, presented to the Club in 1961 by member E. Jack Vidler (dec.) to encourage the preservation of Rolls-Royce cars.
- Best Pre-War Car
- Trophy presented to the Club by R.A.McDermott & Co. in 1992 for the best car manufactured prior to 1940
- Best Post-War Car
- Trophy presented to the Club by York Motors Pty. Ltd., formerly presented to the newest car attending the Federal Rally.
- Bentley Trophy
- Trophy presented by Bill Coburn (ACT Branch) in 1982.
First awarded for Best Bentley Restoration. Awarded to Best Bentley from 1987.
- Class 6 Trophy
- Silver Wraith, Silver Dawn and Phantom IV
- Class 8 Trophy - Silver Cloud Trophy
- Presented to Club by Keith Brennan (Qld. Branch) First awarded in 1984.
- Silver Spirit Trophy (Class 10)
- Presented to the Club by the ACT Branch. First awarded in 1987.
- Post-War Coachbuilt Trophy
- Presented to the Club by Joe Quattrochi (NSW Branch). "The Elegant Coachwork Trophy" first awarded in 1988.
- Best Australian Coachwork Trophy
- Presented to the Club by Ian Dodd (VIC Branch). First awarded in 1989.
- Frank Cove Federal Rally Trophy
- Presented to the Club by Mrs. Betty Cove, 1981. Awarded to person/s making the most significant contribution to each year's Federal Rally.
For details of allocation of awards and criteria for award, refer to the following documents.