Bentley Turbo R Sales Sheet
The ultimate sporting high performance saloon, with luxurious accommodation for four adults and luggage. A 0-60mph acceleration time of under six seconds and maximum speed of 150mph is achieved with astonishing refinement and comfort. The crisp, dramatic new lines of the exterior are complemented by a redesigned interior with improved comfort and driver control, confirming the Turbo R's stature as a unique driving experience.
- Modern, evolutionary, contoured body style.
- New wrap-around and colour-matched bumpers with integral finisher lip. The re-proportioned radiator shell, integral front airdam, new exterior mirror system and spare wheel mounted within the luggage compartment all contribute to the smooth, integrated exterior appearance.
- Swept-through console with touchopening burr walnut veneer panels to reveal the in-car entertainment system and smoker's accessories.
- Automatic ride control provides computer control of the suspension dampers to optimise ride comfort and handling.
- Transmission shift energy management and adaptive shift control provide computer control of the gearbox to produce smooth gear changes under all conditions.
- Dynamic shift pattern (DSP) modifies the gear change points in 'normal' mode according to driving style.
- Zytek EMS3 engine management system provides high density 32x32 site bit-maps for fuelling and ignition, enabling more accurate engine mapping, so providing greater efficiency, power and almost instant throttle response.
- CFC-free air conditioning system.
- 6.75 litre VS engine with exhaust driven turbocharger and liquid-cooled charge cooler.
- Digital boost control system.
- 7.5Jx17 aluminium alloy wheels Fitted with directional 255/55WR17 tyres provide responsive steering and sure-footed roadholding in both dry and wet conditions.
- Centre console-mounted gearshift with sport/standard gear change pattern selector.
- Four speed electronically controlled automatic gearbox with torque converter lock-up.
- Maximum power 286.1 kW (386 bhp) at 4000 min-'
- Maximum torque 750 Nm (553lbft) between 2000 and 3450 min-'
- Maximum speed 241 km/h (150 mph)
- Acceleration (0-60 mph) under six seconds
Fuel consumption European Union drive cycle Monroney label Urban 25.7 1/100 km (11.0 mpg) 11 mpUSgall Extra urban (Highway) 13.3 1/100 km (21.2 mpg) 16 mpUSgall Combined 17.8 1/100 km (15.9 mpg) 13 mpUSgall
- Underside of the bodyshell is zinc-coated and undergoes a ten-stage metal pre-treatment process prior to cathodic electro-priming. Multi-stage painting process with the latest 'clear over base' paint technology.
- Flexibilised polymer clearcoat lacquer applied to the front surfaces of the motor car provides increased stone chip protection, yet is almost invisible to the eye.
- Elastomeric stone-chip protective coating is applied to the sill and wheel arch areas prior to painting.
- Commanding view of the road ahead.
- Fully powered braking system with four channel electronic anti-lock system and anti-dive geometry.
- Full-sized driver and front seat passenger airbags.
- Double anti-side intrusion beams to doors.
- Dual level air conditioning designed to maintain driver alertness.
- Orthopaedically designed seating system helps to reduce occupant stress levels.
- Careful attention to weight distribution under all loading cases, together with full-length lever arm front suspension and semi-trailing arm rear suspension with Panhard rod provide a safe and progressive handling characteristic at all times.
- Four door saloon with accommodation for up to five adults.
- Tilt-adjustable steering wheel enables the ideal driving position to be reached, improves instrument visibility and has 'easy entry-exit' feature.
- Memory facility allows the positions of the seat, exterior mirrors and steering wheel of four different drivers to be recalled.
- Front passenger seat fitted with four memories for seat position.
- Air conditioning outlets for rear seat passengers permit individual control of the rear cabin environment.
- Distinctive and attractive sports style seat for exceptional comfort and support.
- Independently adjustable rear seats with opening centre box armrest on the Turbo RL.
- 4x30 Watt tuner-cassette audio system, with 6 CD autochanger mounted in centre console armrest for ease of access, playing through a ten speaker system.
- Remote control of incar entertainment system for rear seat passengers.
- Full hide upholstery, Wilton carpet and lambswool rugs provide a unique interior ambience.
- Burr walnut veneer with straight grained walnut cross-banding.
- Two stage front seat heating.
- Bi-level lumbar support system to front seats.
- Wheelbase 3016 mm (120.5 in)
- Overall length 5294 mm (17ft 4.4 in)
- Overall width (across mirrors) 2110 mm (6ft 11.1 in)
- Overall height 1485 mm (4ft 10.5 in)
- Turning circle (kerb to kerb) 12.16m (39ft 10.7 in)